Big geeky cheesecake fan here!!! Yes I am. So why not make a very simple, presentable cheesecake?!
Well yes I am going to! I own another cookbook called "Nosh for Students" by Joy May... It's a very old edition that I had bought over 10+ years ago, and have recommended it to friends who have no idea about cooking even if they are not students!!! I think I have bought 3 editions for 3 individuals and that includes Mr Games and Mrs SweetTooth!! ...
I have some strawberry jam (not being used) on the side. I have concentrated lemon juice in the fridge not being used. All I need is a pot of double cream, fresh strawberries and cream cheese!! Plus some sugar, I used sweetener instead... So here's some pictures with full instructions below...
- Half a tub of cream cheese (any brand)
- 1 third of the Double cream (if using a small pot add half)
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice (concentrated) or more if you want it to settle really hard
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar or Sweetner
- 5 Ginger biscuits
- Strawberry jam
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Big spoonful of butter or margarine
How to make in pictures (for one big pot for one person):
1. Take the 5 ginger biscuits and place into a plastic bag and seal. Crush the biscuits using the base of a bottle or a food can or rolling pin.
|Crush those biscuits!|
2. Melt the butter into a saucepan.
|Melt the butter|
3. Add the ginger biscuits into the pan, and mix well until it is all clumped together.
|Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs|
4. Leave to cool for one minute and add into a plastic pot or suitable container (I have used a plastic container to show you what I've done for each layer).
|Place biscuit mix into a pot|
5. Put the cream cheese, double cream, sweetner or sugar and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well.
|Mix the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and lemon juice|
|Mix it well!!|
6. Once mixed place on top of the ginger biscuit mix that is already in the container, and flatten (if possible!).
|Place the cream cheese mix into the container|
|From the side|
7. Add some strawberry jam on top, and decorate with the fresh strawberries.
|And now decorate with the jam and fresh strawberries|
8. Place in the fridge overnight then eat it!
|Close up of the top|
I think it only keeps for one day... so eat it quickly!! ^_^ Easy right?!